Artist: ASTRAL SOCIAL CLUB
Title: Metal Guru/Moonage Daydream
Label: Must Die
|Transparent blue vinyl.|
Artist: CERAMIC HOBS, THE
Title: Spirit World Circle Jerk
Label: Must Die
"Juy 20, 2012 – James Holmes flips in Aurora during a showing of The Dark Knight Rises
October 29, 2012 – Hurricane Sandy hits the East Coast
December 14, 2012 – Adam Lanza flips in Sandy Hook
May 20, 2013 – Liam Hemsworth bags lead role in movie “Aurora Rising”
“4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)” was released by Bruce Springsteen in 1973. Hook from chorus: OH SANDY, THE AURORA IS RISING BEHIND US August 1st 2013 (Lughnasadh) – The Ceramic Hobs release their sixth album proper”Spirit World Circle Jerk”
1. SAY NO TO – the Rev Gary Davis song suddenly switches into ‘Hellhound On My Trail as the music changes into discord – the Hobs first full length religious album begins at the crossroads
2. FALLING DOWN THE STAIRS – a kind of rock song with intense and unpleasant lyric – we are in the realm of the Satanic Panic, of fundamentalist witchhunts
3. THE HONG KONG GOOLAGONG – the alcoholic nightmare visions of David Bergs cult played out over a military beat and sinister chord changes – music for Junior End Time Teens
4. GLASGOW HOUSEWIFE – the ethanol poisoning continues as Bible John makes his unwholesome appearance
5. THE SPIRIT WORLD CIRCLE JERK – highly uncharacteristic guitar-mandolin bells melody over which dark premonitory visions received in Greece meet the text of a strange Portuguese 419 scam
6. T.A. DEATH – the Church of Scientology enters the fray and secretive power plays are dealt with over driving and loud rock music
7. VOODOO PARTY – twenty minute piece taking up all of side two dealing with the rise of superstition, the worship of celebrities and how they are anchored in the Spirit World – based around an initial recording of a band dérive on the streets of Glasgow this now includes many layers of sound including psychedelic guitar, a horn section and a genuine example of willed spirit world possession from band members. Remixed in Berlin by Kakawaka.
Cramp and paralyse them and those that worship Babylon and deal in iniquity.
Available from Must Die Records in a hand-numbered edition of 250 vinyl LPs with individually silkscreened cover prints of religious art created by Dr Adolf Steg. The Ceramic Hobs are a currently eight-piece band beyond description whose previous releases include The Stoat Rides Out (1988) and Straight Outta Rampton (2001) plus well over thirty other recordings for underground labels worldwide since 1985.” - Must Die.