VIKTOR, KNUD - Les Ephemeres
"The lost masterpiece Les Éphémères by the self labeled ‘sound painter’ Knud Viktor (1924-2013) now sees its first ever release by Institute for Danish Sound Archaeology – 40 years after it was conceived. Viktor’s pioneering work – his Images Sonores – are composed of field recordings of insects, animals and his surroundings. His only earlier releases, the much sought-after Images and Ambiances from 1972, were re-issued by Institute for Danish Sound Archaeology in 2017 to great critical acclaim.
A finished master tape and even a complete cover layout for Les Éphémères was found in Viktor’s archives after he passed away in 2013. The phenomenal piece was originally commissioned by the French radio station France Musique in 1977. The twenty short ‘sound images’ of Les Éphémères were originally b roadcast as vignettes i n-between other radio programs. Working with Allo la Terre, the association in charge of the estate of Knud Viktor, we at Institute for Danish Sound Archaeology are thrilled to finally be able to release this central and evocative work." - Institut for Dansk Lydarkæologi.
– Transferred and re-mastered from the original master tape
– 180 gram deluxe black vinyl
– A closely reconstructed cover featuring Knud Viktor’s own photographic artwork
– 24-page booklet illustrated with Viktor’s own amazing photographic works
– Extensive essay on Viktor and his work by curator Magnus Kaslov"
- Regular price $26.00